Revamped Functionality and Versatility Meets Ultra-High ISO Performance
Released in September 2016, the professional-grade Canon EOS 5D Mark IV is a top-rated DSLR camera specifically engineered to inspire even the most discerning photographers and videographers. Building on the solid legacy of Canon’s 5D series, EOS 5D Mark IV offers incredible enhancements in performance, image quality, focus accuracy, versatility and fast operation.
Boasting 30.4 MP full-frame sensor for versatile shooting in almost any lighting situations and 4K video shooting as part of an impressive range of advanced features, this award-winning camera is perfect for portrait photography, landscape and nature photography, wedding photography, creative videography and other applications thriving on the power and brilliance that it delivers.
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Main Features
– Impressive 30.4 Megapixel Full-Frame CMOS Sensor, with ISO range 100-32,000
This high-speed, advanced sensor with its incredible high-resolution capabilities makes EOS 5D Mark IV a versatile camera for a wide array of applications in nearly any light. It records 30.4 effective MP at standard ISOs of up to 32,000, expandable up to 102,400, enabling shooting even in the dimmest light.
– 4K Motion JPEG Video at 30p or 24p and Multiple Video Options
Incorporating the high-performance DIGIC 6+ Image Processor and the full-frame CMOS sensor, the camera can shift from still photographs to shooting videos almost instantly. It can capture Digital Cinema standard 4K Motion JPEG videos of 4096 x 2160 pixels at up to 30 or 24 frames per second. For added versatility, it has the ability to shoot Full HD video at frame rates up to 60p and HD up to 120p, great for smooth, slow-motion video.
– Up to 7.0 Frames Per Second Continuous Shooting Speed and 61-point High Density Reticular AF II system.
With its advanced exposure and auto-focus, incredible shutter, and advanced image processing system, the camera ensures exceptional performance at up to 7.0 fps, even at full resolution. With an extensive AF area, consistent focus tracking and up to 41 cross-type points, the High Density Reticular AF system incorporates Canon’s AI Servo AF III, refining precision shot to shot.
– Intelligent Dual Pixel CMOS AF system for Both Live View and Video Shooting
This smooth, smart system allows for superb auto-focus when shooting with the Intelligent Viewfinder II and focusing area selection modes. It supports accurate and fast AF throughout 80% .of the image in both horizontal and vertical directions, and enables AF in zones where phase-difference AF doesn’t reach.
– In-Camera Digital Lens Optimizer and Intelligent Scene Analysis System
This cutting-edge feature automatically applies a variety of corrective measures such as diffraction and aberration adjustments that are specific to the lens in use. The camera’s powerful iSA system incorporates the 150,000-pixel RGB+IR light sensor that enables the anti-flicker function and provides accurate exposure metering.
The Pros of Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
1. With its high resolution of 30.4 MP, high-level light sensitivity (thanks to an improved noise-processing algorithm and S/N ratio) as well as extended ISO range ( up to a whopping 102,400), Canon EOS 5D Mark IV excels in nearly any shooting circumstances, offering superb image quality that makes the difference.
2. An incredibly capable video camera.,Canon EOS 5D Mark IV takes versatility to the next level, capturing high-resolution, highly-detailed still images and 4k videos suitable for cropping, retouching,and post-processing. In addition, it supports MOV and MP4 formats alike for a vast array of applications right out of the camera.
3. The camera enables movie-makers and photographers to consistently achieve high performance and impeccable images even in the most challenging lightning situations, thanks to its powerful DIGIC 6+ processor that enables speedy operation across the board and up to 7.0 fps continuous shooting speed. Low-light performance is truly mind-blowing.
4. Thanks to the camera’s superb Dual Pixel CMOS AF system that enables capturing Dual Pixel RAW files and its touch panel LCD monitor, photographers can select focus frames throughout the frame with the touch of a finger. They can confirm focus either by enlarging stills grabbed from videos or zooming in on the specific image.
5. This popular DSLR camera offers additional convenience at your fingertips, with AF possible at all 61 AF points with many different lens. It also has built-in Wi-Fi technology with NFC connectivity to help streamline operations across the board. and built-in GPS technology providing geo-tag information via satellites. The camera can use GPS and WFT (Wireless File Transfer) at once and thus facilitates uploading countless images/movies fast and from distant locations.
The Cons of Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
– HDMI out is limited to 1080p
– Pricing reflects camera body only; lens are sold separately
The Bottom Line
Offering the best value for the money, the highly-acclaimed full-frame Canon EOS 5D Mark IV camera allows professionals and experienced amateurs versed in all things photography and movie-making to harness its top-class performance and impressive versatility for truly remarkable, picture-perfect results.